Monday 19 February 2018

Time + 2 Airplanes + 3 Airports = Success!

Well, I am in Entebbe, Uganda at the start of my two week journey where I will be take a short safari followed by a week of CanAssist project management work.  I left Toronto at 10:30 am, on February 18th, and arrived at Addis Ababa 13 hours later to a beautiful sunrise the next day.  It was a long flight with lots of restless children.  I watched two movies, "War For the Planet of the Apes" and "Good-bye Christopher Robin".  The Planet of the Apes movie was quite bad but I watched it for the chance to see the Hollywood version of the wild mountain gorillas which I hope to see later this week.  The second movie was a touching rendition of the true story of the life of A.A. Milne and his son Christopher Robin.  I won't give the story line away but it is worth watching if you enjoy human drama.  The little boy who plays Christopher is as cute as a button.  One more flight and I arrived in Entebbe.

After a quick trip through immigration my shuttle picked me up and now I am comfortably settled into the 2 Friends Beach Hotel in Entebbe for two nights.  The hotel, located on the shores of Lake Victoria, is quite nice with lots of flowers and mature vegetation.  The beach front is very small and you can't swim in the lake but I did enjoy a dip in the small swimming pool this afternoon.

I spent a bit of time down at the lake watching the shore birds.  They were catching small fish, perhaps the stickleback that are the source of ongoing research.  I saw several Egrets and some Pied Kingfishers.  Have just been trying to stay awake so that I can sleep in Uganda time and then quickly get used to the time change.
My Ethiopian Air flight in Toronto

Arriving in Addis Ababa

Nice view of the small pool from my own patio


Large mature trees surround the property.

Putting my feet up on the shores of Lake Victoria

Made these two friends, a Yellow-billed Egret and a Little Egret

No comments:

Post a Comment