Tuesday 20 February 2018

Full Day in Entebbe

Relaxing day today in Entebbe. Have recovered from jet lag. The forecast called for rain but the day was, in fact, quite lovely. Some cloudy periods but lots of sun. I met a missionary from Michigan who now lives in Uganda. He is working near the region that I will be visiting next week. We compared some stories and thoughts about our African experiences over the years. I visited the Botanical gardens, a short walk from my hotel. Rather than what you might imagine it appears to be a park area where native trees have not been allowed to be cut down. Apparently the 1957 version of Tarzan was filmed, at least in part, here. And speaking of filming, I was treated to the filming of a music video in the lake at dusk. Lots of twerking and offers of bananas. I am not sure but I think the song playing, in the background, was called "Sweet Banana" by Badman Denzo, a Ugandan reggae artist! Below you can find a few shots from the day. Check the link below to see Tarzan, and the park, yourself! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTUnZtZs2Y8


Mother Love!


The tree identification for the very large tree below.

Waldrop Ibis


Open-billed stork and Pied Kingfisher

Army ants, and yes, one bit me!

Very large tree!

Can you find the avocado hiding in this photo?

Cormorant

Little Egret

Not sure about this one?

White-browed sparrow weaver

Little Egret

Let's Dance!

Bananas Anyone?

Filming Truck

No comments:

Post a Comment