Sunday 25 February 2018

Gorilla Adventure: Day One!

Got up early to catch my flight to the Kihihi airstrip located about 1 hour and 15 minutes from Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.  We took this small plane with Areolink which seats 11 people plus two pilots.  It was an uneventful flight and I met a young couple from New York City who were beginning a three country safari experience in East Africa.  Although we did not stay at the same hotel I crossed paths with them repeatedly over the next three days.
Areolink!

Happy on my way.
After flying for approximately one hour we landed, let a few people off, continued to Kisoro to drop off a few more and the remaining group got off at Kihini, a small gravel airstrip located in a valley at the foot of the mountains.  It was a misty day so my pictures are not great but you can see the change in the landscape as we flew south and west.

Land starts to be hilly with lots of terracing.

Rainforest



No comments:

Post a Comment